It’s Saturday, May 25 and 5:04am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
New Orleans ranked #2 employment market in the country Manpower
Downtown's Arts District is home to 18 art galleries and 5 museums.
Downtown welcomes approximately 120,000 people on a given week-day, enough to make it the fourth largest city in Louisiana
New Orleans ranked in top 10 "Next Cities" of the best places to live and work for young professionals Next Generation Consulting
New Orleans named a 2009 American Fast City Fast Company
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
Downtown is 1.2 walkable square miles
New Orleans has 3rd fastest wage growth in the USA CareerBuilder.com