It’s Thursday, October 30 and 11:36pm in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
New Orleans is #1 Top City for Young Entrepreneurs 2011 Under30CEO.com
Downtown welcomes approximately 120,000 people on a given week-day, enough to make it the fourth largest city in Louisiana
Hungry? There are 176 restaurants and 32 sidewalk cafes in Downtown New Orleans
Sporting and cultural events attract 2.5 million visitors Downtown each year
New Orleans Tourism Breaks Record in 2011 with 8.75 Million Visitors University of New Orleans Hospitality Research Center
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
Downtown is at the center of 12 neighborhoods that are home to almost 40,000 residents with a strong income and education profile
$3.4 billion invested Downtown since 2005