It’s Thursday, April 24 and 8:36am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
Sporting and cultural events attract 2.5 million visitors Downtown each year
Louisiana ranked #1 State of the Year Southern Business & Development
Hungry? There are 176 restaurants and 32 sidewalk cafes in Downtown New Orleans
Downtown welcomes approximately 120,000 people on a given week-day, enough to make it the fourth largest city in Louisiana
New Orleans ranked #1 Top Cities for Information Jobs in the U.S. Forbes
New Orleans ranked in top 10 "Next Cities" of the best places to live and work for young professionals Next Generation Consulting
New Orleans named Major Market of the Year Southern Business and Development
$3.4 billion invested Downtown since 2005