It’s Thursday, November 27 and 8:07am in Downtown New Orleans.
HOW IT WORKS
In 2008, the Downtown Development District was authorized by the City of New Orleans to enforce the laws referenced in the municipal code of ordinances and have them heard in administrative hearings. Shortly thereafter, the DDD launched a code enforcement program to:
- Ensure that buildings Downtown look economically vibrant and viable for business;
- Encourage property owners to comply with City codes; and
- Enforce City codes and cite properties when necessary.
Everyone can support the DDD’s code enforcement efforts.
Here’s what you can do to help ensure that buildings Downtown are well maintained and meet basic safety standards:
- You can learn more about the City of New Orleans Code Enforcement. Click here.
- You can ensure your building is in compliance with City codes and seek assistance from the DDD when needed.
- You can notify the DDD of code violations.
"The transformation that's taking place in New Orleans both socially and economically is stunning." World Trade 100 Magazine
Louisiana ranked #1 State of the Year Southern Business & Development
New Orleans listed as 1 of 5 safe havens to ride out the recession Christian Science Monitor
Forbes.com ranks New Orleans #8 in Top Cities to Relocate Forbes.com
New Orleans ranked #2 employment market in the country Manpower
Looking for a place to live? There are 2,875 residential units Downtown and even more in the pipeline.
Downtown is a collage of 8 distinct neighborhoods that includes 4 historic districts.
Downtown is the largest employment center in Louisiana with 62,000 jobs